Sunday, September 02, 2012

Mekong Delta by Vespa

I've been doing the tourist bit around Ho Chi Minh with Ian while he is here visiting. Today we did a Vespa motorbike trip into the Mekong Delta. I videoed this small snippet on my camera as we were having a drink in the centre of a market, deep in the delta, way off the tourist trail. The market was alive so I took the clip to capture the cacophony of noise around us. The trip is definitely a must do. Getting out of the city and seeing how the people live in rural areas is always grounding. We rode along varied road ways from roads to dirt tracks to a concrete path way about 75 cms wide. Of course the bridges and water crossings varied too from basic plank bridges to small ferries.
It was amazing to stop occasionally and discover how the people in that particular area eked out a living, raising prawn spawn, making incense, fishing, selling produce in the market, sewing shoes etc.

No comments: