We've had some problems with Kid Pix in our Year 1 classes. We are experiencing the mystery of the missing masterpieces. The student's drawings that they have saved in their folders are disappearing. Mr Tue the magnificent sluth may have solved the problem. Across the server were 3 folders called ICT Ms Jocelyn. We think perhaps Year 1 were saving to the wrong folder. Yesterday I managed to capture these 2 pictures of some incredible self portraits, and the other of a jubilant wee sweetheart who was so enjoying her achievements on the computer. Year 1 have plenty of positive attitudes and skill.These children have never used Kid Pix before so I am impressed with their drawings. They obviously have excellent hand eye co-ordination and body awareness, especially the wee lad whose picture is at the bottom.
In this time of electronics, movies and gaming I'm not sure the students get the time to draw or even care about constructing a masterpiece. There are so many fast paced alternatives.Thinking about this further I'm reflecting on the benefits of Kid Pix. in relation to learning Smarts. Spacial awareness, Art smart would be the top two followed by people Smart, and the enjoyment of learning.

No comments:
Post a Comment