Year 3 at An Phu priamry have been studying dinosaurs. When the children come to me the class teacher has that time as a noncontact class, so they really don't care or give a continental what I do with the children as long as they get their non contact. And as an aside if the students don't come to ICT for a particullr reason and the teacher doesn't get the non contact they are very quick to be in my room megotiating for another space in my week. A cunning person fills their timetable up so they don't have spaces!
I'm really pushing integration and keep sending the completed students work back to share with the class teacher. In ICT we have used a dinosaur database to find out useful keywords about a dinosaur we liked. Last week we drew our dinosaur in Kid Pix. I chose Saltapus because I could say the name and spell the word! Saltapus used to live in Scotland and with a Scottish name like MacKay why wouldn't you chose a Scottish dinosaur! I have seen some fantastic drawings of dinosaurs from the students and I shall paste a sample here for you to see. Next week we are going to insert our dinosaur drawings into Word and make some placemats surrounded by some of our key facts and dinosaur words and send these back to the class teachers. You just have to love the pictures.



2 comments:
They are all heading West. Why?
Great drawings. Action shown.
Great pictures Jocelyn. I bet those kids just love going to their ICT sessions.
Post a Comment