Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good old cut and paste, and some co-operative learning



In Grade 1 we have read The Hungry Caterpillar, and the wee sweethearts are going to draw their 2 favourite pages in Kid Pix. Lesson one was about planning and sequencing and thinking and some co-operative learning. We supplied the girls with 11 images from the story. They had to choose any 6, and cut them out and stick them onto the 6 box story board which of course would include some sequencing and some thinking about how to retell the story with their 6 chosen images. I missed an ideal photo opportunity, my ICT teacher sitting on the floor in her abya, helping some students cut out their images. She was surrounded by wee sweethearts, cutting, pasting, storyboarding and loads of scraps of paper. This reminded me so so much of a typical NZ infant classroom.

2 comments:

Marg said...

I like, I like! I'm inclined to have a bash after the holidays with my littlelies. Some of them are so new they have not had much experience with KidPix but they could certainly do some exploring. Somehow I will work it in as part of our Sustainability theme!!!!!

ianmac said...

Great flow-on to filming and for writing and for reading images.
You have changed the culture of the classroom. Is this now a teacher run classroom or do they still get a succession of teachers coming to teach their subjects?