Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas comes to Dubai



Dubai is much more "Westernised" than Al Ain with a huge expat population who celebrate Christmas. I was out in force, as you would expect, dragging the others around malls etc to revel in the Chritmas decorations and festivities. First stop, WAFI Mall. WAFI is a series of pyramids, and our Egyptian lookalike corner of Dubai. However as I have said before in the UAE they take the next step and place their UAE signiture to the look alikes, and copies reinforcing we are different, and better. The top of the large WAFI pyramid has a gold apex to the pryramid. Thank you Louis Vuitton!

3 comments:

Marg said...

Wafi Mall was one of our favourites - practically deserted when we were there - I think everyone had forsaken it for the huge Mall of Dubai.
We loved the souk area with all its wonderful little shops.

Marg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ianmac said...

But surely someone would like to buy my range of calendars which skip December altogether. Just make up the days in other months. OK?