

I've been talking with people about where I live, so tonight I whipped outside and took a couple of pics.
I'm on the bottom floor at the back of this apartment building. There are 8 apartments, and all the residents work for our company. My physical location is actually building 6 off 4th street. We have 4 covered carparks which we all share. My Mazda is the middle dark car.
The other pic was taken from 4th street looking towards my apartment and at the other 2 apartment blocks in our vicinity. 4th street is a little slip road which runs parallel to Khalifia Street, one of the main arterial roads from Abu Dhabi into the centre of the city. As you turn off the slip street onto the sand there is an old type of house in ruins. Rumor has it that this was one of the first homes in Al Ain and belonged to a Sheikah, the wife of the Sheik. The UAE version of the historic places trust are restoring it to it's former glory. From the road all you see is sand. Beige sand, the in "colour" and oh so chic!
3 comments:
I can see that your car is rather dusty.
No shadows. Doesn't the sun shine in Al Ain?
At least the building has decent sized windows. Do you know what year it was built? I like the gates to keep your car in and stop it from escaping.
Marg: I think the gates are always open as Mazda get claustrophobic. The cars race down the roads trying not to be pvertaken by those with tinted windows but even for Jocelyn its a tough call!
Post a Comment