Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010. Happy New Year


Happy new year. It's so hard to think that 10 years ago I was in Lochmara Bay, Picton standing in fine drizzly rain welcoming in a new century, watching some fabulous fireworks. 10 years on and where have the years gone? 2010 I'm standing outside Emirates Palace Hotel Abu Dhabi welcoming in a new year, watching a spectacular fireworks display. Same but a decade later.
I was in Abu Dhabi for work on 31 December so stayed on with my friends Elsa and Sheryl. We attended the Rihanna concert in the palace grounds on new years eve. I really must be getting old, screaming young people and a thumping base did nothing for me. This was all reminiscent of the Beatles Era with the screaming fans. The music was actually quite pleasant when we left early and walked around behind the stands and were at least 500 meters away from the stage area. The fireworks on the other hand, spectacular.
Resolutions:
Keep in touch with you more
Start making the most of the weekends and seeing more of the UAE
Travel
Introducing the students and teachers to some vibrant ways of learning with ICT

No comments: