
I'm not sure why, but at the moment camels are very visible where ever you drive. Perhaps it's a winter activity, bring the camels in. Perhaps it's breeding time although I am yet to see very young camels. Coming back into the city from school yesterday there seemed to be groups of them, fenced into rather large "paddocks" or areas of sand. These lucky ones had a tinge of green in their sandy enclave, others appear from the car window to not be quite so lucky and are mooching along in the sand. Others are in pens and hay fed. Camels range in price from 3000 AED a head to above 50,000 AED. So owning a camel of two is a lucrative business. You often see them transported in smallish trucks holding up to 4 camels or sometimes you see one sole camel tied down on the back of a ute, enjoying the passing scenery. I've also driven in the early morning and late evening paased the camel race tracks and seen them out training
No comments:
Post a Comment