It is the wet season in South East Asia, so in theory it will rain every day, anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours. The rain is heavy and tropical, and frequently accompanied by an electrical storm. Today was no exception with heavy rain falling around 3:00 pm. Tonight we have the electrical accompaniment. I love the excitement of the thunder, rain and lightening, so much so that I stand on my balcony and enjoy the cacophony of noises. No longer. Tonight a bolt of lightening, not the Usain Bolt variety, cracked down between my balcony and the next door apartment buildings about 50 m away. It literally was like an electrical flash you can make when playing with electrical currents, only magnified to huge real life size, moving about as fast as Usain Bolt. OMG and oh so close. I scuttled inside for safety. This image is not mine, I didn't hang around to take photos, but one I have used from
Compflight's creative commons area.
1 comment:
Scary stuff!
Post a Comment