

The Year 2 IPC topic for this term is Communication and Words in the air. I’ve decided to do an integrated unit with them around words and animation. Yesterday I taught my first class how to write their name in Word Art and insert the image into a PowerPoint. Reasonably low level ICT, I agree, but not if you haven’t done anything like that before. I talked to them about different fonts and how those fonts changed the way their Word Art looked. A little more skill involved. Finally I showed them how to manipulate, rotate, flip and reposition the images. That required more skill again. These guys were so excited about what they were doing. Sucess breeds success. However the exciting thing for me was the language they were using,and the maths concepts and language, the way they communicated what they had done to each other and the words they used. A very simple but highly successful lesson enhanced by the use of ICT. Yesterday it just couldn’t get better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment