Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rachani the hairdresser. Or hair Asain style





Janelle, one of our company staff, adopted a wee girl Rachani from Cambodia about 5 years ago. Rachani is a delightful girl and she often comes with her Mum to school events or social things. The other night we were in a coffee shop in the mall and she used the wooden coffee stirers to do my hair like they do in Vietnam, she tells me! Wow this is a worry. The whole coffee shop was fascinated. I went home with my hair like this and of course the looks of amazement from fellow mall shoppers.
The following day Rachini came to school and proceeded to repeat the process again with pencils. The teachers were in raptures, and amazed that at the end of time I had curly hair. When we had our leaving lunch Rachani managed to keep our team entertained by doing my hair by request. Here I am sporting the beginning of a Pippy Longstocking style requested by Naimh one of our Irish girls. If you can't laugh at your self from time to time, when can you laugh? I have to admit the sifter light doesn't sho the greys as much. I imagine I'm definitely going to "stand out in the crowd" in Asia!

No comments: