The township is pronounced e jabber which reminds me of a Star Wars character. Life in Turkey is rather relaxed and one I could adapt to rather readily, in fact reminds me of life in the Marlborough Sounds. We amble to a very casual down graded version of a sea side cafe which itself is an uncover spot for the locals to gather drink cay, tea, and socialize. One evening we took cay with Hussain and although neither spoke the others language managed to swap information. His family are doctors in Germany his sons girlfriend is from NZ and yes he knows smoking all the cigarettes will give him cancer.People men women alike smoke what I regard as rather heavily.
On another visit we met a professor from Canakkale University across the water, who does world wide lectures on Gallipoli.Surface to say a very interesting chap. He talked of various volumns one should read including The Story of Gallipoli by Christopher Pugsley. Today by email my son James tells me of a book he has I should read. Yes the very same Christopher Pugsley volumne. There is definitely a stirring of interest and fascination in this campaign for me and I am keen to learn more. The soldiers gone, not forgotten and definitely always remembered by so many.
No comments:
Post a Comment