"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Emiratisation
We have been out exploring Istanbul as tourists do and I have been reliving times and memories from my last visit to this city.While Istanbul is very Western and English is widely spoken I am surprised at how Emiratised I have become. This morning I left the hotel wearing a tighter fitting v necked T shirt showing bare arms and some flesh around the chest. it was quite a funny physical and emotional feeling. In a small way there was some small feelings of relief and a little liberating. No one here would stare or cast their eyes down. However there was still a funny feeling in doing so.There are a lot of Muslim women in the city and many in our hotel dressed in their abyias. It is interesting to note Iam sitting in the hotel lobby conversing with a lovely covered Muslim lady from Kuwait in a mixture of Arabic and English and feeling comfortable doing so. Inshallah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment