Stevie Wonder concert last night in Abu Dhabi on Yas Island, so a group of us from school rocked along. I'm glad I went, however.......
Stevie didn't come on and play till 9:30 pm and then he played through to 12:15am so it was a long night, and we weren't back home in Al Ain until 2:30 am
He really is a multi talented man, playing a number of instruments. However as an encore he came on and played the drums. WOW is he talented.
The first 3/4 of the concert was new material to me and fringed on heavy metal. It wasn't until the closing bracket did he play his old favourtes I just called to say I love you, Signed sealed delivered etc.
Stevie is a big lad now still with the tell tale braids, and if I play with that much spirit when I'm 60 I'll be pleased. He entered the stage playing a key board, hung around his neck. At one point he lay down and writhed around on the stage, still playing the keyboard.That man's got talent!
Nice night, glad I went and glad to have had the opportunity to go to a number of concerts in this fab arena, where they do a concert well.
2 comments:
Must have had matchsticks propping up the eyelids at school the next day! Certainly got your moneys worth with the duration of the show. Now, who or what is next on your list I wonder?
The variety of cultural experiences you are enjoying is wonderful - you are lapping up all that is on offer over there. Will you find your home town a little tame as a consequence? We went to the movies this week!
Post a Comment