
As I was leaving school today this young camel came wandering down the road. Despite his front feet being hobbled he was ambling along at a steady pace. The moment I got out of the car to grab the camera he/ she wandered over, all friendly like. Definitely not afraid of me, or the car, or the camera. I walked backwards and moved side to side on the road and he followed, his long neck stuck out towards the camera. After about 100 meters, he lost interest and wandered off the road to graze. Such a beautiful beast and in such good condition. How much is he worth, well over 35,000 AED That was the cost of the young camels last year, and this chap was bigger and older and more friendly. Friendliness is gotta be worth another 20,000 AED!
And incidently that is a house in the background, not an Emerati house, but that of a non- national
4 comments:
You,re sure that this is a stray camel? You're not softening us up for another stray pet? The elephants that you already have are hard enough to keep happy! Please. Put that camel back. She must belong to someone.
Oooooh, lovely camel - don't you crack up when you watch them chew in a sideways figure eight pattern?
Maybe he/she was short sighted and was trying to get closer to get a better look at you! I reckon you should seriously look at buying I nice camel saddle and adopt him/her. I am sure Ian will understand.
Oi Mr Parsons! We have enough trouble with 32 elephants. Enough already!
Post a Comment