Thursday, October 21, 2010

School bags


The majority of the students in the primary school, bring their school stuff to school in wheelie bags. School back pack sized bags on wheels with a handle, just like travel bags really. They clatter as the students walk along over the cobbles. You can tell when its the end of the school day because these clattering bags make quite a racket as the owners race out towards the gates and the buses, towing their bags. The senior students carry their books in a pile, and the middle years have a mixture of both with some carrying back packs. Everyone wears a kandora, mostly white, although a few of the non Emirate's wear coloured kandoras, either blue, brown or mustard. I have to say there is not the problem of socks being down, shirts being out or non regulation shorts or footwear

4 comments:

Dave Parsons said...

I suppose there is no threat of grass stains on the Persil white kandoras either!! A neat photo Jocelyn. (have just found my Google acc. details - now I can comment!!) :)

ianmac said...

But just imagine the contraband a lad could hide under his kandora.
I wonder how they manage to keep those kandoras so white. Must be extra strong Persil or bleach or a really great washing machine or.....

Marg said...

Very sensible with the wheelie bags. No crooked backs or poor posture. Ear plugs could deal with the noise. I wonder if the bags get bigger the older the student becomes? Those while kandoras are something else. How come they always appear so ultra white and uncreased? Obviously they don't roll around on the grass or play rugby or soccer like NZ kids do at playtime.

ianmac said...

It seemed to me that the sand/dust is quite clean. Though it coats everything, you don't need to clean your shoes, just brush the dust off.