Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Shopping Poggibonsi

I have jumped ahead a little. After completing the Amalfi walk, which I do hope to go back and post about,  a driver picked us up and took us into Napoli where we hired a car. I drove magnificently 400 kms on the right hand side of the road down the A 1  from Napoli  towards Florence. We passed many     Collections of solar panels, on houses and in one particular area hectares  of them.  After a slight deviation off the A 1 onto a lesser high way we ended in the village of  Colle de Elsa where we are staying in a an Agritourism apartment in the country side about 5 kms from the local village.

Today we have been exploring the Tuscany region in particular the grape and olive region of Chianti. Pictures to come.  Our adventure began with a trip to Poggibonsi to check out train time tables and buy groceries. Chops were E 9.7 around about the sme as we would pay in NZ.

Photos to come.

No comments: