Thursday, May 08, 2014

Lost in translation

Each new term the teaching staff are expected to run an extra curricular club for the students after school. I've been taking strategy games with cards. This term I have a record number of students all boys in my club. I asked our Vietnamese purchIng officer if she would buy me 3 packs of cards, which she did.  Today I went down to collect my cards. 
Yes she has bought me the cards I asked for, 3 packs.however lost in translation. She has literally purchased 3 packs of cards, each pack containing about a dozen packs of cards. She has taken the word pack to mean literally that. I should have asked for 3 decks of cards.



3 comments:

ianmac said...

Now you can play 10 games of Patience at once. Confusing? Yeah Nah!

Izzy said...

Oops!

Marg said...

How were you to know that the decks came in packs?
I think it is rather funny. :)