Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fun with spreadsheets. Battleships




When I was younger we spent hours with bits of paper guessing and plotting our partners battleships.


 With ICT Battleships got a whole lot easier so today I introduced the concept to my Year 4 class. One of the best parts of learning co-ordinates, directional information, plotting on a spreadsheet and  to think about placement within a confined grid is of course to play the game. 



Today year 4 spent their ICT lesson using co-ordinates and trying to sink their partners ships. 
Some of the students were really precise with their plotting  and co-ordinates. Some of us are still learning. next week I'm sure we will be better.

Now as an extension to this I could introduce conditional formatting so cells would start to colour up. Hmm I feel an extension activity coming on.


















3 comments:

Izzy said...

Fun learning.

ianmac said...

Bombs away!

Marg said...

Kids learning through play. They won't forget this stuff.