"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Myanmar Easter Break
Today is definitely the start of an adventure, a venture into the unknown. A group of us from school leave for Myanmar for 2 weeks. While this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit such a country I am a little nervous of the unknown. Telecommunications are very limited and I am a person who has developed a dependency on such devices to keep in contact with family and friends. The effects of the military which has quite a tight hold over the country and its people. From what I can read the people maintain some independence. As a tourist I need to spend my $ where it will make a diference for the people. Currently there are reports of sectarian violence north and west of Mandalay. While I believe we are not traveling in these area, its still a tense time. I didn't embark of this trip 4 years ago without stepping out of my comfort zone. Perhaps in these last years I have again become comfortable doing and traveling where I have been traveling. This trip will definitely take me outside comfort zone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment