oops I just can't seem to get this ice-cream to stand upright. No wonder it is beginning to drip. That probably makes me a drip too!
It's not often you find cone ice-cream in Sth East Asia, so yesterday was my lucky day. Lots of the tiny shops and the small supermarkets sell wrapped ice-creams like Trumpets and Magnums, but coned ice-cream is a rarity. I'm currently staying in the An Phu District, District 2, cat sitting. As An Phu is alot quieter you can easily walk around the streets or even push bike in safety I went out for a walk. Just around the corner on a main street a new shop selling coned ice-cream. While the scoops are small, the flavours are very pungent. I've got mint and chocolate on the top and mango on the bottom with chunks of mango. Delicious.
Iceream was 13,000 VND a scoop, about 6.5 cents NZ a scoop. A bargin The other noticeable thing was the health and safety The cone wasn't in a wrapper or wrapped by a serviette, the man rolling the ice-cream didn't wear gloves, and at one stage he had to finger the ice cream onto the cone.I do have to say the icecream rollers were beautifully cleaned and laid out on a towel. This was locally made Vietnamese ice-cream because it was still in its small metal trays in a fridge freezer. To be fair we do get NZ ice-cream up here, the Natural NZ brand in various flavours in packs in the larger supermarkets. However Vietnamese locally made delicious creamy ice-cream at 13 cents in this hot country, definitely priceless. TipTop you have competition!
1 comment:
May be very small, but I bet it tastes terrific!
Post a Comment