Sunday, February 17, 2013

Shoes, shoes and more shoes. It's hard to find the perfect pair

If you want weird and wonderful in the shoe department then Bangkok is the place to go. I was captivated by this series of shoes. For one of my NZ colleagues who has had to deal with Novapay....... and for those other colleagues who need that little bit of something to brighten up a lesson, these pics are for you. Guaranteed to bring attention to your lesson.
 I was reminded of a conversation I had on my first day at the boys school in UAE. Mr Omar the principal said I would be working with Mr Ali. "He's and Osama Bin laden look alike," he said with a smile. That was so true. "Don't be put off by the bullet holes in the wall, its his strategy to keep the boys in line". I've never met or worked with such a passive man as Mr Ali. No call for these shoes in his class.

4 comments:

Izzy said...

I do not believe what I am seeing!

Dave Parsons said...

....... and now your next challenge is to walk through an airport!

ianmac said...

The first challenge is to even stand up straight and tall. And imagine running to escape the rain or heading to a bargain bin.

Marg said...

Not exactly the best footwear for driving a car in. I echo Dave's comment too.