Thursday, February 21, 2013

Digital citizenship. Creating an aide memoir

I have been working with most of the year 6 students to create an aide memoir focusing on digital citizenship. I want them to create the document and therefore have ownership of it. My idea is that their documents will hang in my classroom and encompass the roles and responsibilities we all have as digital citizens. hopefully too it will become the ethos in my room and flow on through the school. There is a very global page document in the front of the homework diaries, yes we have these too. The parents are supposed to sign it, and  the child abide by it and yet when I talk to teachers who are also parents at out school they say " what page.... no we haven't signed or talked with our children about it all.
Today each group designed their poster/document using the words and terminologies that we had put together as a collective. I am impressed with their efforts. Each one is a powerful document reinforcing our roles as digital citizens. I am delighted with the maturity of the students when taking seriously their digital citizenship. This group have really thought of the repercussions and phrased them in a positive aspect. Well thought out 6 T.
However when I came into my room today on 2 occassions there were students printing work off to be handed in. Chunks and chunks of text copied from the web............ hmmm we need to add plagarisim and acknowledge sources in aide memoir I feel. While  there is still work to be done I am happy to have made a start.

No comments: