Thursday, November 14, 2013

Loris Gibbons

Part of the curriculum here at British International School involves some form of charity work. Year 5 students do a study on endangered animals and visit one of the animal sanctuaries. Currently they are working with EAST rescue and rehabilitation. This week is international week, and today is international craft day, so Year 5 set up a stall selling EAST products as an off shoot of the main day. Kris their teacher asked me to visit the stall as my NZ table was close and ask the children some questions, testing their knowledge and to keep them busy in case the cliental  had dropped off. Such was their knowledge of the loris and their selling power I am now the owner of two lorises. I did like the black one, male, however after being told black was male and caramel was female, and they stayed together as pairs, and they needed to breed as they were really endangered, and they cost 300,000 each but  2 for 500,000 how could I resist?
You taught me a lot about endangered monkeys James MacKay. These students would be your equals. Just for you.

The students had tokens, worth 5,000 each so they could purchase crafts etc. The Year 5 loris students were walking around trying to sell wrist bands for 4 tokens etc. One of the boys approached me, however I explained I had already purchased a pair of lorises. His reply "
It's so hard working".  Ain't that true!


No comments: