Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy birthday and Clemintine....... from the rubbish truck



This black photo shows the rubbish truck parked under the trees on the street by my apartment. So what, I hear you say. Sadly I didn't manage to get out onto my balcony in time to take a video before the men turned off the engine of the truck and had a coffee break. Why would I want to take a photo of a stationary rubbish truck parked under trees in the late in the evening?   The rubbish truck randomly goes around the streets mostly late evening collecting  and emptying the orange bins, as you would expect. However one rubbish company's trucks play music a bit like Mr Whippy. They are currently playing Oh my darling Clementine as they drive along. Wait there is more. They play oh my darling as they drive forward, AND they play Happy birthday when they back up. So occasionally, like last night, after rain when the air is still, above the noise of the motorbikes, you hear a rendition of a happy tune. AND you race to capture it on video for prosperity to share with friends and family. Definitely only in Vietnam.

2 comments:

Marg said...

Must bring a smile to your face when you hear it.

ianmac said...

"Oh rubbish!"
"I say Clemantine. Did you put the rubbish out? No? What do you do all day but sing Christmas carols? I hope you don't expect me to do it do you?"