Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Les Girls. Spot the odd one out


The ICT team. Left to right.
Enas, who is Syrian, takes responsibility for lower grade ICT, teaching Grades 1- 7, a total of 14 periods a week.
Salama, who is Emirati, was born in the Al Hayer township where our school is. As her parents home is right across the road from the school, Salama has returned to teach in the school where she herself was a student. Salama teaches Grade 8 - 12 because Grades 10 - 12 have 2 periods per week.
Salama takes on board any new ideas or initiatives that you offer her. She is quite a dynamic teacher and does do extra for the students in her non contact times and from her own home. Enas is more of a traditional teacher who would much rather work in a transmission type learning model. I believe we make a great team, and I really enjoy working with these ladies. School is fun. BTW. Salama is sitting in a chair and Enas and I are perched on the arms of the chair. I just jumped in to grab a photo opportunity at the beginning of the year, as you do!

3 comments:

ianmac said...

Time machine is working well. Note date on photo.
Before the kids arrive you all look keen and raring to get going.

Marg said...

I too noticed the date, and worked out who was the odd one out!

Marg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.