
Marble is a very common and much used commodity in the building industry here in UAE in an attempt to keep things cool. In my apartment the floors and skirting boards are all marble and so are the staircases. Of course marble is so unforgiving as I have discovered. Drop anything on the floor and its usually history.... glasses, jar of Marmite, necklace. I have history and experience. Today after doing the hand washing I walked up two flight of stairs, dripping wet clothes as I went, to the roof to hang them out. Coming down, I slipped on the stairs, on a minuscule amount of water. I have cut my hand and bruised my leg on the marble stairs. The bruising came out almost immediately. I have a bruise that beats an evening sunset for colour. Too much detail!. However NOTHING will deter my trip to Jordan.
No comments:
Post a Comment