How often do you hear the phrase..... "I'll Google it", or "try Googling it" etc? What did we do BG, before Google? One could list many options here, telephone, library, newspaper etc. With so much information at the touch of a button and our quest for instant....... we Google everything. Available information on the web is rising exponentially. About 4 years ago I was demonstrating the power of effective search strategies and I did a generic search which returned 999,000 sites. Wow we thought.Today I Googled The Press cartoons to find the above cartoon that I saw back in March and got 67 million results.... and there wasn't that collective wow. More of a so what.
Someone sent me one of those jokes about youth, however the essence was still the same. technology has moved at such a speed we tend to forget, as per this cartoon.
Our students graduating from university this month , last month were born in 1989.
They were born after
The space shuttle blow
Fizzy drinks had plastic or screw tops
The introduction of the CD
The remote control
Microwave ovens
Answering machines
Hard contact lenses
Dot matrix printers
Coloured TV
And around the time of the internet
Scary really.
No comments:
Post a Comment