Sunday, February 16, 2014

My new house guest

Over the last week I have noticed this wee chap scampering across my walls. Today he appeared on my easy chair, all 3 cms of him. I am not sure why but this seems to be gecko season. They seem to be out and about, and visible for the next 3 months. Then when summer arrives and the temperatures soar the geckos disappear. This chap is a bit small and appears to be here living on his own. When there is more than one you can hear their very distinguishable "squeak" as they call and talk to each other in the evenings. Having just pulled my sofa out I see the tell tale sign my gecko is in residence. Little poop marks on the wall. Hmm an untrained house guest.


3 comments:

ianmac said...

Have a geko at the gheko. Thankgoodness you have no flyspray and so the wee chap can be the fly exterminator.

Izzy said...

A very cute little fellow.

Marg said...

I wonder if it will grow bigger, it seems incredibly small....