Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rain rain and more rain

The wet season has officially started I have decided. Official starting date 1 June, but whats a few days here or there.  We seem to be getting rain most afternoons now which tempts me to speculate the wet season is here. Of late we have had some spectacular electrical storms, fantastic flashes of lightening and huge loud claps of thunder directly over head. The apartment reverberates with the noise. Thursday night was a huge electrical storm which raged on into the night. I'd left my curtains ajar and even through the small gap the flashes of lightening were lighting up my bedroom. While there is joy that the rain clears the air and lowers the temperature a few degrees, 40 degrees last Wednesday so I was told. There is the need for the accompanied  weather eye to the sky to see if you need an umbrella. Smart people take a fold up umbrella with them all the time. The not so smart people walk out of their apartments on Thursday evening with out an umbrella. Those not so smart people get wet, as I can attest.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

Drip drip drip
Little April showers....
Oops its May and nearly June's Rain cape.