I have heard the Fish Philosophy, discussed a lot recently. The book by Stephen Lundin, Harry Paul and John Christensen, is.based on the work ethic of the fish mongers in the Pike Place markets. I took the opportunity to read Fish, and the sequel and add the title to my LibraryThing. I found it interesting to read comments from other reader / reviewers. I thought there would be a lot more discussion……….
The fish philosophy is based around 4 key ideas.
1. Choose your attitude. “There is always a choice about the way you do your work, even if there is not a choice about the work itself”.
2. Play. I spend, I think the figure is 75% of my time ( seems a little high) at work, so I need to have fun, make work a fun place, again dove tailing from choosing an attitude. How can I have more fun and create more energy?
3.Make their day. Know my customers, engage with them and make their day
4. Be present. Focus on the task at hand, be there in both mind and body.
The read was a gentle timely reminder of things I already knew or practiced, but not all four together. My goal now is to put this theoretical learning into practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment