Sunday, March 22, 2009

Digital NZ


I attended a reference group meeting on Friday. One of the topics to come up was the collaboration, link ups, and partnerships between business and education. The National Library of NZ have been charged with the responsibility to store and digitise all literal resources. From this has come Digital NZ.
This site uses lots of material from the Alexander Turnbill Library. We spent some time exploring the Memory maker remix editor which operates like iMovie or Moviemaker 2. However it was nice to explore some of our heritage taken in Super 8. Although we were able to create mash ups, a 21 century term, it was poignant to have the archived footage.
I'm exploring the footage and considering the copyright issues. Some I have found is available for use in personal presentations, other only available for a mash up on the site. Interesting possibilities now the less. And of course did you spot the commercial aspect. We were instructed to spread the word, and get New Zealanders, and I guess my friends and colleagues in other parts of the globe using this resource.

No comments: