
I have previuosly posted about Wordle, wondering what was the benefit to learning...... I can now relate a personal experience.
I'm writing an essay for my study based around Communities of Practice. I had Wenger's definition. A number of researchers had simplified his definition creating one of their own, as you do! I then wanted a generic definition of Communities of Practice. By doing a copy and paste I dropped their definitions into Wordle. It was interesting to note the words that gained prominence by their frequency: group, people, common, learn, problems, shared, expertise, develop, knowledge, together. I was able to then create a generic definition by using the high frequency words:
a group of people who learn together by developing expertise and knowledge around a common shared problem.
Wow the power of the software, now I had to do the processing and thinking around those high frequency words.
No comments:
Post a Comment