Sunday, January 05, 2014

Away 2 weeks and up 2 more floors

A building up date. In the 2 weeks  I have been away over the Christmas period the construction site below my apartment has grown by two floors. In this picture I have attempted to show how close the new building is to my apartment block. The scaffolding is about 50 cms from our boundary, and the actual building is about 1m inside the scaffolding. I was talking to the librarian from school who lives on the first floor and he said his apartment is now very dark. I knew the girl who lived in that apartment before the construction and she often said she had the lights on all day as being so close to a huge wooden fence made the apartment naturally dark. Now one additional floor above the fence, light will definitely be an issue. And the night noise and the concrete pours well that's a whole new issue. While we are wishing each per peace and harmony for the new year,I think the residents of Nguyen Van Thu Street will be wishing for peace and quiet. Happy New Year to you all.




No comments: