On my 101 favourite tools blog I talked about the power of Wallwisher as a collaborative tool. I found this tool really powerful from the perspective that the children can add sticky notes from home, thus increasing those home school partnerships. Wall wisher also allows children the opportunity to add in that anywhere any time spectrum rather than from an individual computer like other good mind mapping software. I'm not decrying software like Inspiration or Kidspiration. It's horses for courses and the most appropiate tool for the job at hand and the purpose. I discussed this tool with Liz a colleague of mine. She went away and has used it very successfully with her class of 6yr olds....... and of course they loved it.Example shown. Liz has now moved her walls to an analytical level and asking the children to really think about their contributions, and make connections with prior learning. Great stuff Liz and we look forward to see those walls too when the children have completed them.
No comments:
Post a Comment