Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Podomatic vs Fileden

I've been working with schools uploading podcasts into blogs and wikis. I've always been an avid supporter of Fileden.com because Fileden doesn't use third party software.
Once upon a time Podmatic was the only piece of software that allowed you to post podcasts, but when you clicked on the podcast, Podomatic pointed you out to their site. (third party software) Where as a podcast embeded using Fileden played from the blog.

However Podomatic have come to the party and have made html code changes. You do need to install "unplug" a Firefox plug in, and use Firefox as your browser. After that both pieces of software operate in the same way.

Both pieces of software require a piece of coding into which you embed your link location, from either Podomatic or Fileden. I can't leave the code here because Blogger thinks I'm trying to embed it........ My next challenge

I would say though I still favour Fileden, because if I'm using a computer without the plug in, I've got problems. In the meantime enjoy Louis.

1 comment:

Moturoa said...

The thing though with making a podcast is that it has an RSS feed so can be subscribed to in something like iTunes.

Otherwise it is just a sound file you put on your blog.

Look on my Bling Blog for how to's on both sorts of embedding.