
We began the year in Marlborough with an e-learning lead teacher afternoon. The intension is that we will develop a Community of Practice within Marlborough where the teachers will be able to share their practice, network, problem solve and develop expertise to share with their schools. This morning I snapped 2 teachers networking over 2 different types of technology.
I have been reading about Adult learning Theory ( Speck 1996) I have been thinking about the difference between adult learning and child learning. If, as the new curriculum suggests, and the rhetoric we have been speaking fo a long time now,we are all learners, and life long learners. Then is there a difference??
Speck has developed quite a list. One item " Adult learning has ego involved. Professional development must be structured to provide support from peers and to reduce the fear of judgment during learning". Isn't this what we as teachers try to achieve in our classrooms???
Yesterday was great, people supported, shared and solved generic questions with each other. And egos, I don't think ego was present, just a group of eager learners. Thanks for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment