Sunday, October 28, 2007

Social Bookmarking


I was reading list serv emails and came across one from Carolyn Harper in a discussion on social bookmarking.
Carolyn uses portaportal, So I signed up and took a look.
Portportal works in a very similar way to Delicious when saving your book marks. The one point of difference is sharing your book marks with others. They access your list as guests. As guests they cannot make changes to your book marks or network off in tangents to other sites.Its wusiwug. This I felt was a bonus for schools who were concerned for the safety of their students. The downside of course is the students are restricted to the bookmarks you have found and they can not save their own. This is not entirely true. Thinking creatively......If you have a Room 3 Portaportal site and an agreed log in then the Room 3 students can save sites from where ever, when ever.Let me know what you think.

No comments: