The uLearn theme for me was "making connections."
I feel quite professionally isolated and take every opportunity I can to network and make connections with people I work with and others in the industry. Yes, I have the tools and the knowledge, and we as an E-learning advisory team get together on a regular basis using social software. But there is nothing better than having those f2f conversations, the show me, the here's my example etc. And then there is the, making the connections,...... constructing the knowledge, the cognitive processing, those professional learning conversations and the reflection that helps to make you a better practitioner. I feel remotely isolated here in Blenheim. But then we as teachers can often be isolated even in the schools we work in. How often do we really have the professional conversations??? Did you have one today?
Thank you to my friends and colleagues who supported me here and had the conversations with me. A pity we couldn't get Rocky Ivan and Innes at the time the pic was taken, but here's some of the team chewing the fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment