Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Slideshare v AuthorStream

I used Slideshare to add PowerPoints to my blog, as a trial for one of my schools. While easy enough to do, the downside is the linking to other PowerPoint presentations by Slideshare. At the end of the presentation Slideshare adds another slide which shows you the viewer, to other presentations that have been created and saved using their software. A BIG problem if you are young, or inquisitive or finger happy, or just naturally envolved in the presentation.

After discussing the problem with Allanah, who then tweeted her contacts, I have a solution from them that works. AuthorStream. Very similar to use, but definitely wusiwug, with no links and additional slides.

2 comments:

Fiona Grant said...

Thanks for the heads up n the Joc, the link to the advertising is recent in slideshare and always disappointing with a lot of these free online tools. Will definitely check AuthorStream out.
Cheers

Riverlands Room 2 said...

Jocelyn I tried the authorstream to put an alphabet powerpoint on my class blog and it worked after I finally worked out how to move it to my blog (It was nearly midnight by then)Doesn't do everything the same way as on my laptop but will be good practice for my kids. Will need to add lots more posts to move it down my page as it covers some other bits on the side.