Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm a sport. There has to be another sport


If windsurfing is not going to do it for me, gain me Commonwelth Games selection, then how about cycling? If I can't be a Barbara how about a Sarah or a Katie!

A fortnight ago I completed the Otago Rail Trail ride. I got on my bike so to speak at Alex and 151 kms later I arrive in Middlemarch, having enjoyed every k of the ride. Words of advise. Hire a bike with a gel seat and wear bike pants. Your anatomy will thank you for it!

The country side evolved from the schist hill sides of Central, through to the spacious Maniatoto and the Rock and Pillar Ranges. Each day of the ride bought new landscapes. The Poolburn Gorge, the wide open Ida Valley, the scenic Ranfurly, and the stoney Maniatoto. This was definitely a trip worth doing, infact come November, I intend to ride it again.

No comments: